Sunday, September 13, 2009

T-Minus 6 days, 16 hours...

This weekend has been spent fairly productively (at least for me). We're nearly packed, our suitcases are piled up in the living room. I maybe have a load or two more to wash, and then that will be done.

We had a huge hiccup with our tickets, a problem that has yet to be resolved. As of right now, my kids and I are not sitting near each other. We all have window seats, all over the plane. There is hope that it will be resolved by take off. If not, it's going to be a really long flight.

I am eager to have the movers come on Tuesday for evaluation prior to the Wednesday pack up. After that, it's clean-clean-clean! I don't want to give our landlords a reason to have a fit. They're already not too thrilled about my moving out 3 months into my contract, but it is what it is.

I still have a bit to do. As of tonight (it's actually 8:30 PM EST despite what anything else says), I did complete three out of four of the 'tasks' I listed back on the 11th. I still have to get costumes for the kids, but everything else I completed.

I need to 'tag' the items that are going unaccompanied luggage. I plan on using sticky notes. The TVs are going in that shipment, as is our PS3. I need to write down our serial numbers (as requested by Alex).

I am going grocery shopping tomorrow, stocking up on dry goods. I also need to check expiration dates on what I do have, and donate anything that will expire by December. All of this 'stuff' will arrive by the 23rd of November at the latest, so if nothing else, we'll be eating really well in December!

Once everything is gone (on Wednesday) things are going to feel SO real. Right now, they still feel distant enough that it doesn't feel real. I lay in bed at night and I can't wrap my head around the fact that by this time next week, I will be on a flight to a new country and a new life.

It's exciting and terrifying all in the same. I feel like I should be doing more right now, but I don't know what I should be doing. In all honesty, short of moving things out of our storage room and into the living room, there's not much for me to actually be doing.

I do need to plot out snacks for the kids for the flight.

It will be very easy to clean up in here once the furniture and toys are gone. Not that it's dirty in here, but I want it to be cleaner than clean.

No comments: